Monday, July 16, 2012

A review of COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation

I typically only wear natural and organic makeup whenever possible, but this can be a bit pricy, and sometimes I find myself in need of a little more coverage and wear-time, which you can get with some natural and organic brands, but not like that of conventional chemical based brands. So I decided to go out and buy myself some good old COVERGIRL.
COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation is available in 14 shades and can be found almost everywhere makeup is sold as well as online at www.covergirl.com. This foundation has a soft creamy texture and blends nicely into my skin. I experienced a medium coverage that left a soft finish. I didn't feel the need for a finishing powder with this product.

I have mostly dry skin, especially around my forehead and bridge of my nose, and these areas can get flaky at times. This foundation did not cake up on my dry flaky spots as much as some other brands/formulas.

I had some difficulty with shades selection in the store and had to exchange the original shade purchased, Bamboo 315, for the lighter shade, Flax 310. The lighting in some stores makes it nearly impossible to get a good read on the shades. But, I found this little chart on the  COVERGIRL website that I think is pretty useful.


Will I re-buy?

Yes. I like that the product comes in a recyclable plastic tube and it feels soft on my skin. It's affordable and offers sufficient wear-time and coverage.




   



No comments:

Post a Comment